Sassy Dots

Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Favorite Sweet Treat

I went over to Nanna's this week. She presented me with a plate of... well, they were brown, and shiny, and odd looking kind of bars. They really leave something to be desired in the looks department.

I judged this book by it's cover and proclaimed "Eww those look nasty!"

Then I put one in my mouth.

Oh

My

God!

They were sweet, but not too sweet, chocolaty, crunchy, creamy, mouth full of goodness.

I'll admit, these probably aren't for everybody, but they're my new favorite leave them on the counter, they'll be gone by the end of day, snack as you walk by kind of treat. And with the Christmas season soon approaching, I will be adding these ugly little treats to my repertoire.

These things are so ugly, I'm not going to post a picture. You'll know they turned out right when you look at them and go Ewww. But I encourage you to close your eyes and open wide!!

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Mallow Bars

1 1/2c rolled oats
1c bran flakes (or special K, or Rice Crispies, or Corn Flakes, whatever you have will likely do)
1c peanuts
1c raisins (I only used a handful cause I'm not a fan of raisins.)
1c small marshmallows (no, the big ones will not work)
1/2c honey
1/2c brown sugar
1/4c butter
1/2c cocoa powder
1c peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla

In a large bowl combine oats, cereal, raisins and marshmallows. In a pot combine honey and sugar, cook over medium high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Add peanuts, butter and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat, add cocoa powder and vanilla. Mix well. Pour mixture over cereal and oats. Mix thoroughly until marshmallows are melted and everything is covered. Press into a 9" pan. Cool for an hour. Cut into squares.

Really me,
Yes, I eat ugly things (no jokes please!)
Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment