Sassy Dots

Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Camping"

Last weekend we did the closest thing we will ever come to camping. K won't stay anywhere where there isn't running water... so that makes real camping difficult. Our version of camping is setting up a tent in the backyard. And let me say we got an awesome deal on our tent!

We bought the Broadstone Makobe Lighted 6 person tent from Canadian Tire. Regular price $129.99 on sale 45% off $69.99. We also bought 2 air mattresses 1 queen and one twin.



I'm lucky to have an aunt who's inlaws have a cottage... actually I'm lucky said aunt likes me. lol So off we went to Round lake to set up our tent in the backyard of the cottage property.

The tent went up really easily even for novices. It only took us about 15 minutes, which isn't too bad for the first time. I'm sure next time it will take 5 mins. After we got everything set up and we lied back on the air mattress K exclaimed "This is roughing it" ha ha, he's funny.

The weekend was fantastic, as always we were fed well by my aunt and uncle, the water was beautiful, my cousins were great with Demi. And now K can say that he went camping like every man should. Now if only we could get rid of all the bugs, I would be a happy camper!



Really me,
the camper
Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment